Friday, August 24, 2018

Week of 8/27/18 - 8/31/18

Happy Friday everyone!  We have had a terrific first week of 3rd grade.
We have really gotten to know each other and I look forward to a wonderful year with my new students!!   Families, please make sure you check my blog weekly; I will put out an email with the link every Friday. Today your child will be bringing home an “It’s All About Me” t-shirt poster.  These will be due back to me by next Wednesday, September 5, or earlier.
Picture Day is Wednesday, 8/29.  Curriculum Night for parents only is Wednesday, 8/29, at 6:30.   See you then!


We’ll be MAP testing on Tuesday (Math) and Thursday (ELA.)  


Let's make it a great year!!

Coming Up Next Week:


Spelling:  We are continuing the spelling series Words Your Way.  Fortunately,
the students have worked with this program in 2nd grade.  I will be taking an
inventory on Monday and the students will be working with patterns they struggle
with during Word Work in Daily 5.  I should have their word sorts to them by
the end of next week. We’ll officially start the “menu homework” after
Labor Day weekend.


Reading & Language Arts:  We’ll be starting our year focusing on various reading skills using fun literature.  This week our books will be Chrysanthemum, Recess Queen, and If you Give a Mouse a Cookie.  The skills studied will be character traits, theme, and cause and effect.


On Friday, students will be bringing home their September reading log.  I
expect my students to read for 20 days, 20 minutes. I know many read more
than that, but this log will be part of their grade.  


Social Science: We will be using a new series this year, Amplify Science;
more to come on that!


In Social Studies, We’ll be learning about directions this week and making our
very own compass rose.


Mrs. Klacza's Math Class:   I can’t wait to meet my math class!  Math will
start on Monday. Students will be getting a pretest to see what they know!  


Important Dates:  
8/29 - Picture Day and Curriculum Night
9/3 - Labor Day (no school)
9/26 - Early Dismissal

No comments: