Friday, September 1, 2017

Week of 9/4/17 - 9/8/17

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!  Thank you to all the parents who came out for Curriculum Night.  If you were unable to attend or would like to revisit our third grade slide presentation, please email me and I will send home a paper copy with your child.  There seems to be a “glitch” sharing the link, but I’m happy to get you a copy if you weren’t here, or just need to revisit what I shared with you all.   

Spelling:   On Tuesday, your child will be bringing home a word sort and a spelling menu.  As I mentioned on Curriculum Night, they need to choose 3 activities, one from each column.  It will be due on Friday, 9/15.  The test will also be on Friday the 15th.  Some activities will require you to initial in the box on the menu.  Some activities will require work done on a sheet of notebook paper.   I will explain everything to the students on Tuesday and get them started.  

Reading & Language Arts:  We will continue focusing on various reading skills using fun literature.  This week our books will be Lost and Found, Pigsty, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, and Zoom.  Our skills studied will be setting plot & theme, and main idea & details.

Please remember to keep track of your child’s reading (20 minutes, 20 days) on the pink reading log they brought home yesterday.  They will turn it in on or before October 1.

Social Studies:  We’ve been studying directions.  A study guide will be going home today.  The quiz will be on Thursday, 9/7.

Science:   We won’t be starting science yet.

Mrs. Klacza's Math Class:  Welcome to the math portion of my blog!  If you were unable to attend and would like my handout about the Bridges units, please email me and I’ll get it to your child.  We’ll be focusing on the addition table and the subtraction table this week.  

Important Dates:  
9/5 - Labor Day (no school)
9/27 - Early Dismissal

Have a great, long weekend!!

No comments: