Friday, February 26, 2010

Week of 3/1/10 - 3/5/10


ISAT WEEK IS THIS WEEK!! Please remember to send a nutritious snack to school each day with your child. These tests make them hungry!! Also, a good night's sleep and a healthy breakfast is imperative every day, but especially ISAT week.

I will be sending home conference confirmation forms very soon. Please watch your child's binder for them. I look forward to meeting with many of you the week of March 8.

On a happy note, I will officially gain my Masters degree in Reading and Literacy on Tuesday when I present my portfolio to the adminstrators at Benedictine University. It will be so nice to go home after school and not have to worry about homework! I hope all the knowledge I've gleaned from my studies makes me a better teacher to your children.

Coming up this week:

Spelling: We will take a break from Spelling this week due to ISATs.

Reading: We will be reviewing all the reading strategies used in reading for preparation during the ISATs. Also, Tuesday is the last day I will accept book reports for our reading program. This project does count toward the reading grade and there will also be a reading party for all “goal meeters.”

Language Arts: Our expository writing has been coming along nicely. I hope we can use all we've learned during the writing portion of the ISATs. We will get back into our textbooks the week of March 8.


Social Studies: We will begin Lesson 3 entitled “The World Turned Upside Down.” We will make circle books as our note taking tools. Tentative test date for Chapter 9 is March 9.

Science: We have a test on Chapter 11 coming up on Wednesday! We will then take a break from Science until the week of March 8.

Mrs. Klacza's Math Class:
ISAT Testing. We have been working so hard on so many math concepts, I hope we can keep them all straight! Let's work hard and do our best!!

Important Notes:

3/1 – Pulaski Day – no school
Week of 3/2 – ISAT testing
Week of 3/8 – Conferences (those requested by teachers/parents)
3/23 - Tools for Schools field trip

Have a great, long weekend! Mrs. Klacza

No comments: